Wavefront Systems is looking for a highly skilled and motivated production support engineer, with a good understanding of electromechanical assembly, who can take on the role of Production Coordinator for Wavefront products.
Location: Yateley, Hampshire
Production Coordinator Role
The Production Support Engineer will be responsible to the Head of Operations for the configuration management of Wavefront products, production system testing and system delivery to the Wavefront Operations team.
The role will require the Production Support Engineer to be involved in all phases of the production and delivery of products, including order acceptance, goods-in, production build, system testing and delivery. An element of travel may be required on occasion to support trials, demonstrations and installations of Wavefront products.
Their key areas of accountability will include:
- System kitting
- System configuration
- Production electromechanical build
- Production testing
- Factory acceptance testing (FAT)
- Equipment/System Diagnosis Repair
Candidate competencies and experience
The Production Support Engineer must employ good engineering development practice and should be proactive in helping improve the company policies and procedures. They will be expected to provide expertise across all projects as necessary.
The Production Support Engineer will have competencies to deliver the following:
- To assemble the constituent parts of the products from component level through sub-assembly to finished units, following Company engineering drawings.
- To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- To conduct defined electrical/electronic and tank test procedures and routines throughout the production process from component level, through PCB and chassis assembly stages to the final assembly of finished units.
- To be the primary point of contact for all Wavefront repairs, issuing RMA’s and co-ordinating with external companies for third party repairs where required. To identify and resolve fault diagnosis issues, where possible, by adjustment or repairs.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e., Observations & Non-Conformances, Engineering Change Orders etc. in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To configure full systems and conduct customer Factory Acceptance Testing.
- To authorise products as “fit for despatch” and ensure that relevant staff involved in the despatch process are aware of the key sign-off requirements and procedures.
- To ensure that the Company’s ERP Electronic Resource Planning (MRPeasy) system is kept up to date with the results of inspection activities and that reject notes are prepared and circulated, as required.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, i.e. Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc, to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of Production related issues.
- To support with engineering trials, customer demonstrations and installations, for all products.
The role is hybrid however a willingness and ability to work from our Yateley Office at least 2 days per week is essential. The role will work closely with our primary manufacturing partner, Sonardyne International, which is also based at Yateley. The ability to create strong collaborative relationships with Sonardyne Int will be key.
Core Company Responsibilities
- To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout Wavefront Systems.
- To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general company internal communications.
- To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational
- To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning. use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
Why work at Wavefront:
- Competitive salary
- Open and inclusive culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary Performance Related Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous pension
- Life assurance for death in service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Electric vehicle scheme
How to apply for this position:
Please send your CV and covering letter via the form above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference WFD-1031.